Monday, December 2, 2019

Final Reflection - 30A

1) Recall

This semester was full of a lot of things for me as a transfer student. I faced a lot of new challenges and changes that were pretty rough at the beginning, but I ended up getting accomplished to the level of exigence of UF. For this class I learned a lot of valuable stuff about entrepreneurship that I had always been interested in, I really liked the lectures and the overall concepts of motivation, resource allocation and all the elements that entrepreneurs need to take into account. I had a lot of fun going around my business idea of the bagged iced-cocktails and basically building it up from scratch and thinking about everything, I really liked that process even though the assignments of talking to people where a little bit hard and awkward at the beginning, but I got used to it and learned a lot of stuff that added a lot of value to my human capital.

2) Most formative experience

I think the most formative experience I had this semester in the class was everything about the venture concept, and it is the thing that I am most proud of. In the beginning, this idea to me sounded a little bit weird, but after working on it and developing it, it ended up being something with a lot of potential. I feel happy to know that if I wanted to start my business of the bagged iced-cocktails I actually could, as I know that I need and I have developed a pretty complete venture concept that has a lot of important material on it. This is something that makes me really proud and happy as I always wanted to know how this works and what do you need to know in order to be an entrepreneur.

3) Entrepreneurial mindset

Through the course of the semester, each assignment helped to foster my entrepreneurial mindset and fulfill my knowledge with a lot of valuable information that I know for sure will be pretty useful in my future. I feel know that I have the entrepreneurial mindset, as I have developed my alertness and feel more capable of taking risks in a responsible way at the moment of starting a project. Now I feel that I see more opportunities for business than when I started the class. Now I see how needs or simple bugs can actually be exploited and how small ideas can lead you into big things.

4) Recommendation

I would basically encourage every student to take this class as I believe that it basically opens your eyes to what real entrepreneurship is about, about the hard work behind small businesses, the hours and the effort behind. For students taking this class, I would recommend being open to learning from this valuable experience, watch the lectures to do well on the cupcakes but also to take advantage of the information given, because this class covers a lot of things that you do not usually see on other management, marketing or finance classes. This class would really help you learn about what real business and entrepreneurship are about. Just take your time to do the assignments, watch the lectures, read the books as they are really interesting and you'll be good to go.






2 comments:

  1. Hey Santiago,
    I am glad to hear that your first semester as a transfer student went well because my brother is a transfer student so being able to adjust to the rigor of UF is a bit challenging. I also want to say you did a great job throughout the entire semester as I would leave feedback on them. I agree with you that this class should be taken by everyone as it helps bring the entrepreneur out of them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're not the only one who just transfer to UF lol. I'm glad it went for you! I too had a lot of experience during my first semester and it was interesting for me. It just shows how different it is from going to a community college to a university. A huge difference that will drain you if you're not prepared but it is manageable. I can't wait what's in store for me and you in the future! Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete