Growing up I saw year by year how my parents work long days and nights in order to keep up with the business, get more programs approved, more quality certifications and off-course more students. I have to say that there where days where I didn't even see my parents because when they came home late at night I was already asleep, or weekends where they had to be in the business, and also times where the business was not at is best and it required more dedication. However, all the sacrifices that my parents did where worth. Nowadays they have the best technical institution of the Colombian Caribbean that generates development for the region, with currently around 4500 students enrolled. The institution has also several quality certifications, and has even been awarded nationally and internationally. What they started with 25,000 dollars is now worth almost 2.5 million dollars, which has allow our family to live in the best conditions. It has also allowed them to repay my grandmother for her trust, and it has let me to come to study to the United States and strive for a good career.
I enrolled this class and i'm also pursuing a minor in entrepreneurship because I have always been interested in the topic. More than seeking to be the next Steve Jobs or Elon Musk, I would like to understand the real life. day to day entrepreneurship that is in our society generating supporting the economy and giving opportunities to a lot of people. Also I believe it is a class that can help to get a good dynamic about ideas, problem solving and even inspiration to try to create value from any idea you have.


Hey Santiago,
ReplyDeleteI think your family has such an amazing experience with entrepreneurship and I am so glad that it worked out for your family! I think that entrepreneurship has allowed for so many families to get further in life and help give their children the opportunities they didn't have. Just like you, I would love to better understand the daily tasks and life of entrepreneurs. It would be great to learn insight about this topic as to what areas/mistakes to avoid that are very common in the entrepreneurship aspect.