Thursday, September 26, 2019

Testing the Hypothesis Part 2 - 9A

Who: From the bagged iced-cocktails idea, this time I asked to my interviewees for an association of a new way of drinking alcohol and what trends do they see nowadays that can be really similar to the bagged iced-cocktails, a lot of them talked a lot about the Sangria, Truly and White Claw, that are some flavored alcoholic drinks that according to them are really popular right now. Some of the interviewees told me that my product would fall into that category so the competition would be actually really hard because of the popularity of the other brands among college students. However, all the interviewees told me that my product is really different from beer because of the characteristics and the spectrum of the product, while beer can reach a much broader segment of the market, my product would concentrate more on college students and young adults.

What: In this case the need that I target is the lack of alternatives at the moment of drinking, however it is not inciting to consume more alcohol or try to make young people to engage more with it. From my interviews I understand that people sees my product for something more of a hot sunny day, than something that you would consume everyday.

Why: I think that the outsiders need here differs a lot more from the one of the insiders because the product targets more the college students who go to tailgate in a really hot season and would like to enjoy a new fresher way to drink, the outsiders would have the need to see it as something that just won't work because it cannot be applied in a regular basis.

INSIDE THE BOUNDARY

Who: College Students and young adults.
What: A new and fresh way of drinking.
Why: People always have to drink the same things and there is nothing new to try.

OUTSIDE THE BOUNDARY

Who: Older adults who don't drink.
What: A way to incite people to consume more alcohol.
Why: It would not work the rest of the year (because it is a seasonal product.



2 comments:

  1. White claw is very popular right about now. I know a lot of people that are drinking white claw in my area. I don't know how this drink is very popular in my opinion. I tried it before and it's nasty. I'm pretty sure your bagged iced-cocktails will be better than white claw. I'll prefer the that than white claw. You can spice it up with different drinks as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Santiago,
    I agree with when you mentioned that this drink isn't supposed to encourage people to drink more but I feel with young teens, regardless of yours intent being to encourage drinking, it is something that is going to happen regardless so you might as well capitalize on this opportunity especially since in my opinion one that seems that’ll it’ll be very popular since it seems it will taste good and be a cool drink.

    ReplyDelete