1) About the Entrepreneur:
- What surprised me the most about Elon Musk was his capacity to create such and accurate concept of the future is a time where technology and innovation was just starting to rise in our society. It is amazing how Musk strived to create futuristic advances acquiring a lot of knowledge through reading and comprehending science and physics in order to take several ideas to the real world and being able to make money out of this.
- What I most admire about Musk is how smart and hardworking he is, because in his case it was not just having good and "crazy" ideas, if he needed to get his hands dirty he was down. He is very passionate to all his projects because he wants to leave a legacy of sustainability for this planet through his enterprises and to show how humans are capable of everything.
- What I least admired about Musk is that he has a really big ego and sometimes puts puts public recognition over achieving goals.
- Musk has encountered a lot of adversity and failure over his whole life, since his rough childhood he always was forced to keep going and give his best, he blew a lot of rockets at the beginning of Space X, struggled with Zip2, was discredited on his work on PayPal, blew up a lot of rockets at the beginning of SpaceX and also struggled a lot with the creation of the Tesla Roadster. However, Musk was always patient and believed always in his team's work and in himself, he never backed down and always kept trying harder.
2) Competencies:
I noticed that Musk reads a lot of books, and he was really good acquiring knowledge and replicating things that seem fantastic into the real world (and making money out of it). He was really smart and had a lot of alertness at the moment of hitting the electric car industry, online industry, the renewable energy industry, the online banking industry and even the space industry. His timing getting into each project seems to have been really accurate and worthy of admiration. Also Elon is really good working with people, and this is backed up by a lot of people who worked with him, he was really good bringing the correct people together and was always supervising each aspect of his businesses.
3) Confusing part of the reading:
I got to say that the chapter about Zip2 was really confusing to me because it was not really well explained how the business grew up so fast.
4) 2 Questions:
How did Zip2 grew up so fast with such a small team? This aspect was confusing to me and I would want to know what was the secret in it.
What would he recommend to foster to foster and execute ideas that could help our planet? I believe that Musk's view on sustainability and our future could actually bring a lot of insight in this topic.
5) Hardwork:
I believe that Elon Musk's definition of hardwork is that you won't rest until the job is well done and to always go the extra mile. I agree because if we have a project, we need to give everything and know that it is not going to be easy, and it will require a lot of time. If we want to create something that succeeds we need to put everything on it, believe in ourselves and work harder than everyone else.
Hi Santiago,
ReplyDeleteI believe that I share the same fascination for you on how Elon Musk was able to create something that would amaze the world. I look up to him on that matter too and hope I can acquire those determined skills and mind to see any possible opportunity to take advantage of. I noticed you said he read a lot and I think that is very admirable as reading is fundamental. Nice reflection I found it really insightful.
Most entrepreneurs that I know are not smart or not smart at what they do. So for him to be smart and a hard working person at the same time is a great advantage compare to others. Not many people are blessed with that kind of talent either. Hard work gets you to places as well. I really loved that about him.
ReplyDelete