Thursday, October 17, 2019
What's Your Secret Sauce? - A16
Why my human capital is truly unique?
1) I am someone how is always going to be loyal, and always will be there when someone needs me:
I really care about the friends that I value a lot all the experiences and moments that we have, I always got my friends back and I would never leave them alone or abandon them in a bad moment. The majority of my friends are in Colombia and no matter the distance I always try to keep in touch and help them in anything they need.
2) I have the ability to positively adapt to strong changes:
I came to the United States after living almost 17 years of my life in Colombia, I adapted to a country where everything is different, I had to learn how to be by myself as I moved here alone without knowing anyone, I had to get better in English and learn to understand it more in several problems, and any other situation or problem that I have I face it by myself. I believe that the experiences that I've had have not been at all easy, but I have managed to do everything in a good way and accomplish all of my goals.
3) I have and strong goal-set mindset:
My whole life I have been the kind of person who always wants to do the best job, have the best grades in school and basically achieve everything I have set my mind. I have been raised to stand up after every fall and keep trying no matter how many times I fail. I always do everything I want to do and know in what direction I want to take my life to.
4) I am emotional, caring and empathic:
I have always been a really emotional person and I have always liked to hear the problems of others and try to help in any situation if I can. I believe that I am really empathetic because I always try to get in the other person's shoes in order to understand what might be affecting them and offer my help or advice in the situation occurring.
5) I like to learn and have always been a top student:
Since I was a kid, I always liked to read and learn about stuff, my parents always have motivated me to be a good student and always reach higher limits. I like to work hard in all of my classes in order to get the best grades possible, and I have never liked to be mediocre or just pass the classes. In middle school and high school I always one of the best students of my class and I graduated from Santa Fe College with a GPA of 4.00.
Interviews:
1) Sophia Koepke:
https://soundcloud.com/santiago-espitia-363643576/sophia-koepke
Sophia is my girlfriend and is one of the people who I love the most and know me the best, we spend a lot of time together and we know each others strengths and flaws. Overall she says that I am a smart, caring, sensitive and positive person, that I am social and fun to talk with and that I have traveled a lot and engaged with a lot of cultures. Also she says that I always work hard for things even if at the beginning they are hard for me, I always strive to be better in everything
2) Sofia Lopez:
https://soundcloud.com/santiago-espitia-363643576/sofia-lopez
Sofia is one of my best friends and I have known her since we were in high school, she has always been a friends who I can trust and we keep in touch a lot. She says that I am really loving, caring and supportive with everyone I care about. Also she mentions that I am always for her no matter the time, day or distance, that I am a really brave person for living so far away for all of my family and friends and that I am generous and thoughtful.
3) Vladimir Becerra:
https://soundcloud.com/santiago-espitia-363643576/vladimir-becerra
Vladimir is my roommate and we know each other since I arrived to Gainesville, he was one of the people who I first met in 2017 and we have a really strong relationship. He says that I am a really good friend and that I am a fun guy, he also says that I have really clear goals in my life and I know where I am going, and he mentions that I am social and good making relationships.
4) Daniela Pinto:
https://soundcloud.com/santiago-espitia-363643576/daniela-pinto
Daniela is a really good friend and I know because we took some classes together in college. She mentions that I am a focused and smart person, also she says that I have the necessary knowledge and skills in order to achieve everything I set my mind to and that I am a sincere person full of good motions that make me a really good friend.
5) Santiago Espinosa:
https://soundcloud.com/santiago-espitia-363643576/saga
Santiago is a really good who I met in UF's English Language Institute in 2017 (when I came to live to the U.S) he comes here almost every summer and we always have a good time. He says that I am a goal oriented person with a lot of qualities as being respectful, problem solver, innovative, creative and disciplined. He mentions that I have a lot of qualities that a successful person should have and also that I am a really good and reliable friend.
Reflection:
I really liked this exercise because it shows that I am a really transparent person, I am perceived exactly as the person that I think I am. It is amazing to see how in certain way you have generated an impact in people that is positive and makes them have such a good image of you. Also I see that my friends said a lot of things that I sometimes don't thing about and that I did not even put on the beginning, such as my networking skills, my general knowledge or how brave I am from living so far of everyone I love. I think that more than changing my list, all I can do is add more things to it, and that is something that I am really proud of.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I loved the part when you said "it is amazing to see how in certain way you have generated an impact in people". After doing my interviews, I too realized how I have impacted some people as well. I never knew that about myself. It makes me feel happy to know that. I didn't realized who I can help some people and change part of their life, all in a good way.
ReplyDeleteHi Santiago,
ReplyDeleteI feel like the people you interviewed spoke so passionately and genuine of you and I hope the best for you and admire your resilience and determination on the goals you set for yourself, and the way you were able to adapt and quickly adjust to life in the US. I am glad that you did this assignment because I feel sometimes people don’t give themselves enough credit for the type of person they are and the amount of work they put in. Keep it up!