Book chosen: How to Fail at Almost Everything and Still Win Big - Scott Adams
1) What was the general theme or argument of the book?
The book goes around the idea of how organization and developing systems for achieving basically everything you want in life. He shows that failures are reflections of steps that we take sometimes and that we have to remodel in order to get through the system we are developing, and the system is not only the actions you take, it also involves who you are, your well being and how you feel about yourself and the world in order to know what you want to accomplish.
2) How does the book connect with the class?
I believe that the book connects with the class in the aspect of letting us know that the entrepreneurship process is not perfect and is not easy, it is a hard path full of failures that will teach us how to do better and what things we should do or not. The fact as seen failure as an opportunity makes us better in everything.
3) Exercise for the class
I would basically do an exercise for listing times when we have failed at something and analyze those failures. What did we learned about them? How did they originated? and What can we do to not fail again in the same thing? I think that this will help us to recognize opportunities in failures and optimize our decision-making process.
4) Most important thing I learned
I liked the part of the book where it mentions "The Math of Success" , and basically he talks about the skills needed to be successful in terms of analysis, communications and knowledge on specific areas as management and marketing. This helped me learn that a successful entrepreneurship needs to be prepared, read about what is happening in the world, to understand the properties of the market in order to take advantage of the opportunities it gives. Also the focus on the failures as opportunities to grow and how he talks about mistakes was really good and made me reflect a lot about how being positive in difficult times is something really valuable.
I read the same book as well and I found it really interesting. I was surprised when the author said "goals are useless", something like that. I was confused on why he said that but now I understand and he has a point to be honest. I also love your response to number two, I didn't think of that when I was responding to that question. Your answer is way better than mine (lol).
ReplyDelete