Thursday, November 21, 2019

Your Exit Strategy - 28A

1) Exit Strategy:

I think that for this business that I have in mind (bagged-iced cocktails) I would exit according to the results that I got in terms of profitability and brand growth. Scenario 1, my business does good, has decent profits but it does not go beyond being great, I would plan on selling it in like 5 - 7 years. Scenario 2, the business is an absolute success in terms of profits and brand exposure and becomes a leader in the market. In this case, I would not like to sell it, and I could dedicate my life to it.

2) Why: 

I think the most realistic scenario is number 1, and it is not that I am pessimistic or have low expectations, it is that I want to accomplish more, travel, live a good life, and with school and a business that is really hard. Also it's important to take into account that the competition is fierce and growing in that industry is really hard. The business could be something really good for my experience, and as I am young and have more dreams and aspirations, I could use my savings from that business and the money of the sell to invest in a property, stocks, or maybe another business. I think it could be really good for me and I would be really happy with the decision.

3) Does it represent a change in the concept?

I think that I did not really thought with a complete sense of reality about my business and maybe I should focus my concept on a shorter range of time where I could sell earlier, as that is the most optimal plan for me right now in this point of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment