GATOR BOLI
Opportunity:
For starters, I see the Gator Boli as an
innovative, refreshing and cool way of consuming alcohol. In terms of potential
customers, I will be targeting the segment of college students in the
Gainesville area, which is certainly broad as the majority of the population of
the town is really young because of the constant flow of students attending
Santa Fe College and the University of Florida.
·
The forces in the environment creating this
opportunity are the social context of students (usually outgoing, motivated to be
social, make friends, party and drink), the lack of different alternatives for
drinking (the usual beer, vodka, etc.) and the impact of seltzers with alcohol such
as Truly and White Claw that are becoming more popular among young people,
which let know that people want to change the way they drink alcohol.
·
The Gainesville area is composed mostly by young
people, as students from different parts of the state of Florida come to Santa Fe
College and the University of Florida for college. Also there is a lot of
diversity, which is something characteristic form the state of Florida in
general, so there is basically people from different races (mostly African
Americans, Caucasians and Hispanics) and a good amount of international
students.
·
This opportunity is certainly big as this is the
moment when people is starting to look for something new and gaining interest
in new ways of drinking, and this is reflected in the broad and successful impact
that Truly and White Claw are having right now.
·
In my opinion, this window is not going to be
opened for a long time, as many other big companies are noticing the change in
people’s tastes and working towards creating new products that feed customer’s
needs. Then the competition will be fierce, and it would be more difficult to enter
the market than it is right now.
Innovation:
·
I define my product as innovative because I am
bringing the concept of the Latin American “Boli” to the United States and mixing
it with alcohol in order to create a product that appeals attractive for the
young population who consumes alcohol here in Gainesville.
·
The factor of the weather here in Florida makes
a good opportunity to offer my product in the hot season of the year, especially
on events that are massive as tailgates during football seasons, bagged iced-cocktails
will be uniquely refreshing and just perfect for the moment of enjoying a drink
in a great environment.
·
The fact that the “Boli” is a foreign concept
that has not been introduced here in the United States could create certain
interest to people to try the product, also the Hispanic population will
recognize it and be motivated to buy.
·
The cost of making thus is really cheap as the
packaging is really simple, does not take a lot of time or people to make the
product and other equipment different than a fridge. Helping to offer a product
with a low price.
Venture Concept:
·
The customers would be motivated to buy this
product because of its low price and the amount of alcohol you can get for such
a low price, also because it would be refreshing, have a really good taste and
fun to drink.
·
The main competitors here might be White Claw
and Truly, and as they are really mainstream right now, it might be really hard
to hit the market and make an impact, it could take time and it must be necessary
to create good customer relationships.
·
In order to compete I would charge between 2.00 –
2.50 $ per “Boli” as the packaging is really cheap because I can get it from
Colombia (10,000 bags might cost around 8 $), the alcohol is the expensive part
as a shot from a bottle of Bacardi for example is around 60 cents (17 shots per
bottle of 10.50$). In my opinion this would be my main competitive advantage.
In my opinion this would be my competitive advantage.
·
I would take customer service as the most
important part, for this I would create an Instagram where I would take orders
and offer delivery of the product (for some charge) or offer the opportunity of
picking up the product. I could offer some small coolers with 10 – 15 “Bolis”
and charge a good attractive price for the product mix.
·
For the organization of the venture, I would
lead the operations and at the beginning I would work on making and delivering
the product, if demand rises I could think of hiring maybe 2 or 3 people for specifically
preparing the product, and other 2 or 3 for delivery, and I would pitch in if
it is necessary. It all depends on the demand of the product.
Description:
1.
I believe that the bagged iced cocktails have a
lot of potential right know, as people is starting to change their tastes and
are more opened to try new thing. My products secret sauce can be defined as being
a great alternative for drinking that is refreshing, innovative, and really
cheap. It is basically a cocktail for 2.00$.
2.
If the product succeeds, next opportunity I
would tackle would be bottled cocktails, as they are similar to my product, and
might go better in some situations where “Bolis” are not the fit.
3.
In the future, I would have a lead, profitable brand
in the alcohol industry (focused on prepared drinks), and I would like to have my
products being sold all over America, helping people to enjoy several moments
without having to worry about the money so much. Also I would like to sponsor
the Gators as I would be a proud UF alumni.


Hello Santiago,
ReplyDeleteI am not going to lie, this is a genius idea. You seem to have it all well thought-out and the convenience of selling bagged cocktails in a college town is unmatched. I would definitely wait to hire more employees until this takes off and demand is through the roof. However, I believe you should start planning more in advance, because I see this invention being a national hit.