Thursday, November 14, 2019

What's Next? - 25A

Existing Market:

When going around my existing market, I find a lot of interest from prospective customers. Using the last post as a guideline I asked some students about my product, what would they think, like or suggest. I got a lot of feedback that I already knew, but also I heard a lot about the price. Prospective customers had a really positive reaction about the low price of the product and said that it was it strongest point when comparing it to other products that are related. Also they found really interesting the concept of the "Boli" and how practical it would be in the summer-fall. By talking to students I realized that this had more future than I expected because of the price, I believe that it could became a really popular product in Gainesville first, the I would like to target other cities with a good amount of young people over the state, and if it is possible and the project succeeds, I could target other cities outside of the state, or even create other lines of products for other occasions or times of the year.

New Market:

For the new market, I talked to some adults outside campus. I explained the Venture Concept and I received also positive feedback about the idea itself, they basically said it was a smart idea and that it could make a big impact. However, none of my interviewees said they could fit in the customer segment. They said that the price would capture young people attention, but adults have more money and do not really worry about paying for a beer or cocktail somewhere. Also, they do not go out as students do because they have jobs, family and more responsibilities. They can enjoy a beer, but as one said, adults are not "bagged iced cocktail guys". I do not see a lot of future in this segment of the market.

My expectations where really accurate because I did not think that adults would be really interested on my products as it is more for young people and I want to focus it in that segment. Adults do not care about my product because it just does not fit, I would have to improve the quality and basically create another product for their specific needs. I would like to keep focusing on college students and young people because they really find value on my idea.

1 comment:

  1. Like I said before I really love your idea because I am very familiar with it. But like your interviewee's said that it doesn't interested them at all and that they are not like the young college students at all. That will be hard to sell to them but if it was Hispanics/Latinos then you will have no problem at all. They will buy it, no doubt about it! Try it out and see what happens.

    ReplyDelete