Thursday, November 21, 2019

Reading Reflection No. 3 - 27A


Book chosen: Innovation and Entrepreneurship - Peter Drucker

1) What was the general theme or argument of the book?

This book basically goes around defining the concept of entrepreneurship as creating new things and keep thinking about way in which we can improve our own lives but also the ones of the others around us. Also, the book talks a lot about innovation, how it can be systematic, social or even a game changer in the way we live our lives. In addition, the author makes huge emphasis on risk and how should we always consider it before starting an enterprise or project, and if we do not have boundaries and be reckless with the risks, it would most likely lead to failure.

2) How does the book connect with the class?

I think that the book connects perfectly with the class because we have discussed a lot of this main topics of entrepreneurship, so they are like a complement for one another. I think that we cover in class the most important elements and take a much broader view, the book makes a lot of emphasis in some key points as innovation, management and risk.

3) Exercise for the class

What I would do for the class might be going around the author's (Peter Drucker) 7 sources of Innovation, that basically say that innovation is: Unexpected, Incongruent, Entails Process, is based on the Industry or Market Structure, influenced by Demographics and a Source of Knowledge.

4) Most important thing I learned

The most important thing about this book is that it teaches that entrepreneurship is not something simple or something you are born with, it depends of a lot of factors and is influenced by society, politics and all our surroundings, and that if we want to be entrepreneurs we have to work hard and not take it as something easy. I also liked how he talks about innovation and how it basically changes the world and the lives of all of us, how we depend of them and how they become essential for us.

1 comment:

  1. I agree with your answer for number four. I also believe that is not easy being an entrepreneur or anything else in general. Nothing is easy in life unfortunately but that's how it has to be. In order to be successful as entrepreneur then you have to be willing to risk a lot. Anything from time to money and other things. But at the end of the day, if you work hard then great things will come!

    ReplyDelete