1) Me
My name is Santiago Espitia, I'm an international student from Colombia currently majoring in Business Management at the University of Florida. My whole life I've been known as a hardworking person who always strives to reach every single goal that I set my mind to. I believe that I am really good managing time in order to do everything in the best way possible, also as a Spanish speaker, I have the ability to connect and communicate with a broad range of people. In this point of my life, I think that this business would help me to get a lot of experience and knowledge about how to manage and operate a business in the most optimal way possible.
2) Product
In this case, I am offering the bagged iced-cocktails as a new alternative for drinking. The need that I am satisfying here is basically filling the absence of an alcoholic drink that is fresh, innovative and not the same common drinks that we usually consume. This product is based on a Latin American product called "Boli" which is kind of a frozen juice in a bag. Here I am taking that concept and mixing it up with alcohol in order to create an attractive product for college students. Usually, the trends that come from other parts of the world can make a really big impact here in the United States.
3) Customers
My prototypical customers would be college students who consume alcohol in Gainesville, FL. I believe that it is a really broad segment with a lot of potential to exploit taking into account who much college students are socially involved, go out to party, and consequently drink alcohol.
4) Value
I think that this product will be valuable for my segment because of the lack of alternatives we have at the moment of drinking. For example at a tailgate, the weather is really hot and usually there is only beer and vodka to drink, and sometimes alcohol is just not fresh and you do not enjoy it, my product would definitely solve that problem.
5) Self-awareness
I believe that I have the determination to do anything that I set my mind to. So if I want to run this business, I will give my best and manage it the best way possible no matter the effort needed. I have a lot of confidence in my capabilities and I am not afraid of failing, because every any kind of experience, positive or negative, helps me to learn and be better.
Feedback Memo:
I think that my business idea has a lot of cohesion and seems realizable because it is has product that doesn't need a lot of capital to manufacture and it is a concept that is different and has the potential to attract a lot of customers and even gain a lot of recognition. From the feedback I got, I included how foreign ideas usually make really big impacts in the United States because it is something that is true and I did not really think about last time I did my Idea Napkin.
Hi Santiago,
ReplyDeleteI believe due to your background and personality that I have been able to analyze of you throughout the semester makes me agree with you that you are a very dedicating, hardworking person that if pursued this opportunity will be successful. Not only that I believe you have thoughtfully planned everything out from intended customers and how to get it in their hands that this has a good business model to start from.
Santiago,
ReplyDeleteI enjoyed reading your idea napkin, it was very insightful. Beatboxes aere really popular bagged wine mixers, i don't doubt that your bagged cocktails would be a huge success. You just gotta keep up the good work dude.